Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Prison Break vs Early Shift

So earlier this year Simmi told me about this show called Prison Break. Well, after a recent death in my BitTorrent family, I inherited Season One last night. I watched 2 episodes, got immediately hooked, but managed to tear myself away for biblestudy.

Biblestudy was entertaining, as a bunch of bloodthirsty christians were heatedly debating Murdering for Justice (aka the death penalty). The debate did not, as one might imagine, break down along the lines of whether or not the death penalty should be enforced. No, not at all, not even remotely so. Agreement was unanimous that murderers deserved, in turn, to be slain. The hot topic was who the executor of affairs should be, God, vigilante's, or the legal system? Any thoughts? (N.B. to answer this question properly, you must work on the assumption that the death penalty is the way to go :P)

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Prison Break has got my goat. I zipped home after BS n tossed in Episode 3 (after saying goodnight to my lady love) at 11:30ish. Dead tired as I was, being on early (6:30 a.m.) shift this week, I promised myself it would only be one episode. (Cue the Mortal Kombat fight music!) And so the battle of the Titans began.

Prison Break vs Early Shift

  • PB opens strongly with a riveting episode culminating in the loss of a body part and a cliff-hanger "what does he lose next?" ending.
  • ES counters weakly by reminding me that I am already tired.
  • PB mentions that since I am lying down I am resting while I watch. It then tosses out a 'sode that has me (literally) sitting on the edge of my bed in anticipation the whole way through. No rest there.
  • ES, backed into a corner here, makes a valiant effort to break out with a stunning flurry of "PB is conning you, it won't let you rest ever", "It's just TV, you never watch TV" and "This isn't as good as 24 (just almost as good)" blows. Unfortunately:
  • PB trumps with an episode mentioning riots in the title. (I love a good riot, doesn't everyone?)
  • PB sucker-punches, with a "to be continued ... (mid riot!!) ending.
  • After the wrapup of the riots, ES finally breaks out of the corner, clinches, hits below the belt by indicating imminent dawn rosiness, and while PB is down writhing, stomps on his head with a "power surge that restarts the computer" finishing move.
And the battle appeared to be over. I went to bed, got 2 hours sleep, rolled to work and tossed off some pages. PB however, was down but not out. It's final card played was "poor worker, you'll get fired for this one day" as it forced not one, but two (!) naps at the office. Good thing I have so much dead time here that i can get away with it ... for now ...

(Footnote: If you're my boss and you're reading this ... uh ... that last paragraph was for entertainment purposes only! It's never been proven that I sleep at work!)

4 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

I have my own PB story on Gertig Blig.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to sound smarter than you or your average reader (although I am) but shouldn't you be doing the dance of time between work/school (obviously option 2 since you have an affinity for dropping out of institutions, try Belvue sometime) and time with the girl. To have a battle of time with work and the said 'PB' makes it seem as though you are completely idle.....Point taken.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger pEtEr said...

Idle ... me? Never!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's because they haven't discovered that you sometimes sleep in your car or in other places on the building!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home